1. Ingredient name: Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C)
2. Categorization : antioxidants, aromas, pH control agents, skin conditioning agents
3. Ingredient definition and ingredient story
The ingredient is a water-soluble vitamin, also known as vitamin C.
- More familiar under the name of Vitamin C, Ascorbic Acid is a six-carbon lactone component.
- Ascorbic Acid contains both reduced ascorbic acid and oxidized dehydroascorbic acid, which are interchangeable.
- It is involved in the synthesis of collagen, the main protein that makes up the skin, and is often contained in fresh fruits and vegetables, especially sour strawberries, apples, cherries or potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, and paceries.
4. Purpose of use
- Helps maintain clear skin by suppressing melanin production and preventing pigmentation such as freckles.
- It provides conditioning benefits for damaged skin and helps to maintain vital and healthy skin.
- It is involved in regaining the vitality by providing elasticity to weak and rough skin.
- It is also used to adjust the pH of cosmetics and to control the cosmetics acidity similar to healthy skin.
* The above contents are limited to the raw material characteristics.